Degree Conferral Information
Students in the last semester of their degree program will need to prepare for graduation. The following information will provide students with steps they need complete prior to their degree confirmation.
Getting Your Degree:
- All students apply to graduate through the MyUW Student Center: http://registrar.wisc.edu/apply_to_graduate.htm
- DNP students submit DNP Program Petition to Graduate
- PhD students submit PhD Final Warrant Request
- Diplomas are mailed to address on file 2-4 months after graduation
- Students must apply to graduate and can do so through their MY UW Student Center. Additional information is available on the Office of the Registrar web site.
- Check DARS Report to make sure all degree requirements have been met. Students should contact their adviser if they have questions.
- Degree Confer date will appear on a Student’s official transcript approximately three to four weeks after graduation.
DNP & PhD Students
Graduation Eligibility Requirements
- Enrolled for a minimum of 2 credits during final semester
- 3.0 GPA
- No Incomplete grades
- All degree requirements met
Graduate students should contact Mariah Allen, Graduate Academic Services Coordinator, with any questions about eligibility.