University of Wisconsin–Madison

Travel Grants

The School of Nursing encourages students to participate in research and explore professional organization projects that enhance their educational experience and improve the lives of others. To that end and within budgetary constraints, the school offers limited travel grants to assist students presenting at conferences or for experiences that are integral to degree work.

The school, via the Office of Academic Affairs, will provide funds for travel support up to $1,000 per student per academic year. Funding is very limited and not all students who request funding will receive funding. In most cases, students will be approved for approximately 75 percent of total travel costs. Each student may request funding for one travel grant per academic year.


Karen Mittelstadt

Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs