School of Nursing faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to post relevant Announcements to the Student Site, following these guidelines:
- Announcements should be relevant to a broad base of students in the school, including pre-nursing, BSN (Traditional, Accelerated, and/or RN-to-BSN), DNP, PhD, and/or certificate students.
- Announcements should be used to share reliable and timely information about programs, activities, opportunities, and business. This might include community service and volunteer opportunities, student organization news, upcoming deadlines, calls for scholarship applications or grants submissions, etc.
- The Announcement content should include all relevant details—what, where, when, who, how, etc.
- Announcements should not contain public debate or personal opinion; political statements, political endorsements, or political fundraising; personal items for purchase/rent or sought for purchase/rent; and/or postings for commercial purposes (e.g., advertising for products).
- Notice of events (that occur on a specific date and time) should not be made via the Announcements feature. Events are managed separately and can be submitted by anyone with a NetID. Click here for more information on submitting an event.
- Submitted Announcements are reviewed and moderated by a staff member in the Office of Academic Affairs. The moderator reserves the right to deny an Announcement or modify the content for the sake of space, clarity, or policy compliance.