2-Day Event: Tuesday, December 6 – Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Time: 12:00 – 4:00 PM ET Daily (11:00am – 3:00pm CST)
Join experts from the NIH Division of Human Subjects Research and the HHS Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP) for answers to common research questions and so much more! During this 2-day, informative and engaging event, you’ll receive the latest updates, resources, and guidance related to human subjects research, as well as the opportunity to test your knowledge in case studies. Opportunities to ask questions during the live Q&A are available after each presentation topic. Don’t miss out!
Day 1 (December 6) Topics:
- How Do I Know if a Research Study is Human Subjects Research and What Does that Really Mean?
- What You Need to Know about FWAs and IRBs to Get Your Grant Money
- An Overview of NIH Policies on Human Subjects
- Essentials of sIRB Requirements
Day 2 (December 7) Topics:
- An Overview of NIH Policies on Clinical Trials
- Including Diverse Populations in NIH Clinical Research
- Using the eRA Human Subjects System
- Extended Q&A with Human Subjects Expert Panel
This post was authored by Emma Schaefer on 11/22/2022.