Pre-Nursing students, please see the below message from the Center for Pre-Health Advising (CPHA). Note that this information is NOT for School of Nursing academic advising.
Hello from Pre-Health!
With enrollment coming up, we wanted to share some information on meeting with our office, so you feel confident in the courses you are selecting for spring.
Appointments with CPHA – 2nd year students and beyond (including transfer students and alumni)
In the past, there has been frustration over appointments filling up several weeks in advance, so we made changes to our scheduling process.
- Appointments for current students (in-person and virtual) are released on a rolling basis to manage traffic. The purpose of this change is to ensure that new appointments are always being added to our service calendar, so if one advisor’s calendar looks full be sure to check other calendars! If no appointments appear available, don’t worry. More will be added in the next few days. Check back later in the week.
- You can view ALL advisors’ calendars by clicking on “Schedule Appointment” in the blue box on the Center for Pre-Health Advising service page in Starfish.
- Alumni can schedule appointments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-in Advising with CPHA
All drop-ins are VIRTUAL. We use a sign-up form to manage traffic. This form opens 10-15 minutes before each drop-in session, and closes at the end of the session. Please note that the form will close when the number of advisees in the queue reaches capacity for the session. As time allows, we may re-open the form. Please read the instructions in the form carefully and keep an eye on your email.
- Drop-ins for 1st year students are Fridays from 9am-12noon.
- Drop-ins for 2nd year students and beyond, including transfer students and alumni, are Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1-3:30pm
Email with Quick Questions!
Have a quick question? Email our questions box at email@example.com. This email is checked Monday-Friday from 9am-4pm CST, and we try and respond to queries within 48 hours.
Meet with your academic advisor!
Don’t forget about your academic advisor! Your academic advisor is your best resource for questions regarding your major, time to degree, degree requirements, course exceptions, getting into a course, and waitlists for a course.
This post was authored by Academic Affairs on 11/04/2022.