The Department of Health Services (DHS) strives to address the need for additional school nurse and health service professionals in schools. The DHS is providing generous scholarships to support Wisconsin RNs to obtain school nurse training and explore their interest in school nursing during Fall 2022 and Spring 2023. If you have any interest in school nursing, please apply for this scholarship by Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 11:59pm (CT).
- UW-Madison student enrolled in the Traditional BSN, Accelerated BSN, DNP, BSN@Home, or School Nurse Certification program AND;
- Wisconsin resident with an intention to stay and practice in Wisconsin AND;
- Be enrolled in the School Nurse Certificate program OR;
- Be enrolled or will be enrolled in N470: School Nursing in the Context of Community Health Practice OR;
- Have a documented interest in school nursing via the scholarship application.
1. Submit the General Application for scholarships (due by October 19, 2022).
- Log into the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) and complete your General Application. IMPORTANT: For the question that asks which school or college you intend to graduate from, you must choose “School of Nursing” or you will not get matched to nursing scholarships. If you have already filled out the General Application, you should go back to it and double check it. You may need to hit refresh before moving on to the School of Nursing application.
2. Submit the UW-Madison & DHS School Nurse Education Partnership Scholarship Application (due by October 19, 2022).
- After you have completed your General Application, go to the UW-Madison & DHS School Nurse Education Partnership Scholarship, and complete all questions. Make sure to hit “submit” after completing the application. Applications left in draft mode will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
This post was authored by Academic Affairs on 10/11/2022.