The University of Wisconsin Madison Transdisciplinary Center for Research in Psychoactive Substances will hold the second annual Psychedelic Symposium October 27-28, 2022.
The Symposium will highlight community engagement approaches, scientific and clinical work being performed in this field at the UW–Madison, as well as featuring nationally renowned keynote speakers, this symposium is intended for students, researchers and clinicians, and the broader community.
We are pleased to offer continuing education hours for attendees coming from the areas of clinical psychology, psychiatry, pharmacy, nursing, and social work.
The symposium will include:
- Information and roundtables highlighting distinct models of care being applied to the use of ketamine in treatment of depression and suicidality, and active discussions on what care and credentialling models may look like for psilocybin assisted psychotherapy.
- Lessons and practice sessions for incorporation of culturally humble and informed care in psychedelic use and psychotherapy will be shared, along with discussions of barriers to access for underserved populations.
- Best practices and resources will be provided with regard to incorporating harm reduction principles into practice across a wide variety of settings, including both clinical and community-based approaches.
- Cutting-edge research and scholarly updates will be provided in the form of lectures and poster presentations on recently published or ongoing work in the area of psychedelic studies.
- Social and networking opportunities will supplement the main academic program of the symposium, including catered meals, poster reception, and film screenings in the evenings.
Registrants requesting CE:
$250 for 2 days
$125 for 1 day, either Thur Oct 27 or Friday Oct 28
Non CE attendees:
$200 for 2 days
$100 for one day, either Thur Oct 27 or Friday Oct 28
$50 per day, either Thur Oct 27 or Friday Oct 28
If you are interesting in submitting a poster abstract (250 words) please do so by October 15 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to register, visit https://ce.pharmacy.wisc.edu/pd/uw-madison-psychedelic-symposium-2/