Dr. Wan-chin Kuo’s research team is seeking a student to help with research tasks that investigate stress responses, 24-hour activity cycle, and lipoprotein phenotyping. The student employees will work approximately 8 hours per week with our research team.
Sample Range of Work Activities:
- Scientific poster and recruitment material design
- Literature search
- Writing and documentation
- Related research activities
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Not afraid to ask questions when unsure of project direction
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Strong candidates will demonstrate skills in AT LEAST THREE of the following areas, and training will be provided to reach additional proficiency in:
- Endnote, Mendely, or Zotero
- UW library databases
- Microsoft Office suite of products (particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Graphic design
- Basic statistics
This is a year-round position (including summer) for at least on-year and may be extended to additional years based on funding availability. Pay rate is $15/hour. Students will have flexibility in schedule, including the potential to work some hours remotely when needed.
Questions? Wan-chin Kuo firstname.lastname@example.org
This post was authored by Kim Nolet on 04/25/2022.