Please join for a movie screening of Crip Camp with discussion to follow! Alternatively, feel free to join just for the discussion afterwards if you prefer to watch the movie on your own.
What: Movie Screening + Discussion with Dr. William Schwab
When: Tues, Feb 8: Screening @ 6:00-7:50 PM; Discussion @ 8:00-8:45 PM
Where: Screening @ 6 PM*: Teleparty**Discussion @ 8 PM: Zoom
Meeting ID: 958 7189 0065
*If you prefer to watch the movie on your own and join for the discussion, the movie is available on Netflix
**You need a Netflix account to access the Teleparty link
About the movie: Crip Camp is a documentary about Camp Jened, a summer camp for youth with disabilities in the 1970s, and the campers’ subsequent contributions to the disability rights movement. Camp Jened “was their freewheeling Utopia… [where they] experienced liberation and full inclusion as human beings.” Crip Camp won the Audience Award at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival and was an Oscar nominee in 2020 for Best Documentary Feature.
Dr. William Schwab, MD is a faculty physician and Vice Chair for Education of UWSMPH Department of Family Medicine and Community Health. His disability rights advocacy work has included contributions to the National Medical Home Autism Initiative and the CDC’s Developmental Delays and Disabilities Screening and Referral Project. He was the recipient of the Humanism in Medicine Award from the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine and the Arnold P Gold Foundation.
- Download the Teleparty Google Chrome extension
- On Google Chrome, go to https://www.teleparty.com/
- In the upper-righthand corner, click “Install Teleparty” – this will take you to the Chrome web store
- On the righthand side, click “Add to Chrome”
- Click “Add extension”
- Set up Teleparty
- Under “Pin the extension,” click “Next”
- Under “Grant Permissions,” click “Accept & Proceed,” then “Allow”
- Under “Choose your streaming services,” click “Netflix,” then “Continue”
- Join the party
- Click the Teleparty Link: https://redirect.teleparty.com/join/fcb16e9dcb8632a4
- This will take you straight to the collective viewing platform. Enjoy!
- Make sure you are using Google Chrome
- Make sure you are logged onto Netflix in Chrome before clicking the link
- Make sure you are on a desktop. Teleparty does not work on tablets or mobile devices
If you are still unable to connect to the link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; I will be attentive to my email