University Health Services (UHS) has added two additional flu shot clinics for students and employees in November.
- Flu shots are no cost for all students. If students have an insurance card, they are encouraged to bring it to their appointment.
- Employees should bring their insurance card. Without proof of insurance, the cost is $26.50.
- You can get a COVID-19 vaccine and flu shot on the same day.
- Students with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk and are strongly encouraged to get a flu shot.
- This flu shot is ‘inactivated’, meaning you cannot become sick from obtaining the immunization.
- Get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu.
- Vaccination needs to be done annually.
Remaining flu shot clinics:
Monday, October 25 – Nielsen Tennis Stadium
Tuesday, October 26 – Nielsen Tennis Stadium
Wednesday, October 27 – Nielsen Tennis Stadium
Monday, November 1 – University Club
Tuesday, November 2 – University Club
This post was authored by Academic Affairs on 10/21/2021.