We are very pleased to announce that the new Online Global Health Certificate Program for Graduate/Professional Students has been approved by UW-Madison, with an official launch in the fall of 2021. Applications for admission to the new online certificate may now be submitted through the program website at: https://ogh.med.wisc.edu/graduate-professional-capstone-certificates-in-global-health-online/.
After 3½ years of planning and development, the new 11-credit, largely asynchronous online curriculum (complemented with a mentored field experience) offersmaximum flexibility for students to complete the certificate within the context of their primary degree program.
The Graduate/Professional Global Health Certificate Online is designed for students who want to:
- advance their knowledge and capabilities in global health and collaborate with underserved communities globally and locally
- be prepared to address health challenges and disparities in a context of cultural diversity
- learn about a wide breadth of global health topics that transcend national boundaries, with an emphasis on lower-middle income settings and underserved populations
- be taught by UW-Madison health professionals who have decades of in-country global health experience
- work with faculty and on-site mentors to complete a culminating field experience and understand disease, health, and well-being through multiple lenses
The Graduate/Professional Global Health Certificate Online Program seeks to educate a diverse population of students about global health issues and believes whole-heartedly in our university’s philosophy of inclusive excellence that “Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW–Madison.”
We welcome the opportunity to speak with students, individually or via student organizations and other groups, to discuss the new certificate program. Please feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com.