The Virtual Annual Nursing Poster Fair will be held during April 2021.
The UW Health Nursing Research & Evidence Based Practice Council invites you to submit an abstract for one of the following categories:
- Evidence Based Practice (EBP)
- Quality (QI)
- Educational or Leadership Projects
The abstract application deadline is Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Abstract applications may be submitted through the following link: 2021 Poster Fair Abstract Submission Form
Please review the attached documents for full abstract application details. Abstract should be 450 words or less.
When completing the online application please note:
- There is not an option to save the abstract application in process. Please be prepared to complete the entire form.
- Abstract will be uploaded within the application and can be uploaded either as a Word document or a PDF.
- Applicants are required to follow the submission criteria, including the headers, that are outlined in the attached document.
- An online application must be submitted for your work to be considered for the Nursing Poster Fair.
Here are some other important details:
- To support abstract writing, the Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice Council is sponsoring an Abstract Writing Educational Video Series, which will be made available electronically. Details coming soon!
- You can expect to be notified about acceptance by mid-February. Posters will be displayed virtually in April; accepted abstracts will need to submit posters in mid-March.
- During the abstract review process, one abstract from each submission category will be selected to present at Nursing Grand Rounds on April 27th, 2021 from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Please indicate your willingness to be considered for this podium presentation on the abstract application.
Nurses and nursing students from the following organizations are eligible to submit an abstract:
- UW Health (University Hospital, AFCH, TAC, and Clinics/Ambulatory)
- UW-Madison School of Nursing
- Swedish American Hospital
- SSM Health-St. Mary’s Hospital
- UW Health, UnityPoint Health-Meriter
- Select Hospital
- Edgewood College
- William S. Middleton VA Hospital
- Herzing College
- Madison College
- Agrace Center for Hospice and Palliative Care
- UW Health Rehab Hospital
- Chartwell Home Health
- Gundersen Health System
The Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice Council is pleased to co-sponsor a venue with UW Madison’s School of Nursing to showcase your hard work to share with fellow nurses, co-workers, and students. We encourage everyone to participate in displaying and disseminating the work you have done at our Annual Poster Fair.
Questions regarding the poster fair can be directed to: NursingResearchEBP@uwhealth.org
We look forward to reviewing your abstract!
This post was authored by Academic Affairs on 12/10/2020.