The UW Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (UW CIPE) is pleased to share the following interprofessional knowledge exchange events hosted by UW CIPE in collaboration with our Student Organization and program/school partners in October. The second event (Interprofessional Team-Based Care: An Interactive Virtual Workshop) is specific to Pre-Health Students at UW-Madison.
UW CIPE Knowledge Exchange Series: Picture Motion Documentary Born To Be – Registration Form
- Virtual viewing parties: October 10-18 (please check the Registration Form for specific dates and times)
- Interprofessional Panel Discussion: Thursday, October 22nd from 4:30-6:00 pm
- The Picture Motion Born To Be documentary explores the Mount Sinai Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery– where, for the first time ever, all transgender and gender non-conforming people have access to quality transition-related health and surgical care.
- The exclusive screenings of the Picture Motion Documentary Born To Be is hosted by the UW CIPE in collaboration with the Interprofessional Health Council (IPHC), UW School of Veterinary Medicine and UW School of Medicine and Public Health’s One Health organization and the UW School of Pharmacy’s Pharmacy Global Health Interest Group. There will be a number of virtual screening dates over the next couple of weeks for interested people to watch the 90-minute documentary, then an interprofessional panel discussion will take place on Thursday, October 22nd from 4:30-6:00 pm using zoom. Please RSVP by October 9th 2020 in order to choose your viewing party date. This is a FREE event! Please find attached the event poster for distribution.
Interprofessional Team-Based Care – An Interactive Virtual Workshop
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 4:00pm – 5:00pm CDT – RSVP on Handshake
- UW CIPE and its program/schools partners from Genetic Counseling, Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant are hosting an interactive workshop with case study and panel discussions for pre-health students at UW-Madison. Students will discover and learn more about the roles and responsibilities of different healthcare professions in interprofessional teams in this virtual workshop. Panelists from seven different professions and programs will be available to answer students questions. Please find attached the Workshop Agenda and the registration poster.
If you have any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post was authored by Academic Affairs on 10/11/2020.