The School of Nursing is soliciting Letters of Intent from undergraduate and graduate students who would like to represent the school and UW-Madison at the upcoming American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Student Policy Summit. This three-day conference will be in Washington, DC., March 22-24, 2020, and the selected students will receive full funding to attend (i.e, airfare, accommodations, and meals/incidentals).
AACN Student Policy Summit – Application Details
- Students must be committed to attending all three days of the conference, and have additional availability for travel day(s), as necessary. The conference is March 22-24, 2020, in Washington, DC.
- Baccalaureate and graduate nursing students are eligible, and the UW-Madison School of Nursing will send up to two students to the conference.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and be making satisfactory academic progress.
- Students who have previously attended the AACN Student Policy Summit are not eligible.
- Complete details on the summit are available here: http://www.aacnnursing.org/Policy-Advocacy/Get-Involved/Student-Policy-Summit
Letter of Intent Guidelines
- The Letter of Intent should generally address why you would like to attend the summit and how it will contribute to your academic enrichment and/or professional development. Specifically, you should touch on the following questions in your submission:
- Why are you interested in attending this conference?
- What do you hope to gain from your participation?
- How will your participation impact your work as a student and a nurse, now or in the future?
- There is a 500-word limit.
Letters of Intent are due by 11:59pm on Sunday, February 23, 2020. Letters should be emailed to Assistant Dean Katie Bleier email@example.com. The two selected students will be notified on/by Wednesday, February 26, 2020, at which time registration and travel logistics will be coordinated through the Office of Academic Affairs. If you have any questions about the conference, Letter of Intent, or selection process, please contact Katie Bleier (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This post was authored by Katie Bleier on 02/04/2020.