The Delta Program is offering this workshop on Wednesday, November 13 from 9am-12pm in Steenbock Library. This may be of particular interest to TAs or to graduate students looking to improve their teaching skills.
(1) explore the perspectives of underrepresented and minoritized students on our campuses,
(2) analyze their own and student identity and the impact that identity has on the learning environment,
(3) discuss a framework for addressing hot moments and difficult discussions in the classroom,
(4) practice what to say during these hot moments or difficult discussions, and
(5) examine a range of inclusive teaching approaches to use in the classroom and beyond.
An emphasis in the session is on “saying the words,” deconstructing conversations and receiving feedback. Part of Delta’s Effective and Inclusive Teaching Series.
To learn more or to register, please visit the event website: https://delta.wisc.edu/event/inclusive-teaching-f19/
This post was authored by Kristi Hammond on 10/02/2019.