Are you in your second year at UW? Are you looking for a PAID leadership position this summer? If so, please apply for the Nursing SOAR Peer Advisor position! The anticipated start date is May 28th, and compensation is $10.50/hour. Complete job description, qualifications, and application can be found at go.wisc.edu/mot972.
The School of Nursing is hiring two current students to serve as nursing peer advisors during Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) for the summer of 2019. This is an excellent leadership opportunity for enthusiastic students to help incoming freshman and transfer students explore a range of academic options, and select and enroll in courses.
- Pre-nursing (PRN) or nursing (NUR) student classification
- Completed at least four full semesters at UW–Madison by the end of the spring 2019 term
- Continuing student status for the fall 2019 term
- The ability to work with a broad range of freshman and transfer students from a variety of cultural, economic, ethnic, and regional backgrounds
- The ability to work with students focused on the nursing degree and also undecided/exploring students
- Excellent interpersonal communication, listening, and public speaking skills
- The desire to work as part of a team and advise groups of students
Questions? Contact Kate Knudson: email@example.com
This post was authored by Amy Corridon on 01/25/2019.