This in an announcement about the establishment of a new, 2-year longitudinal training program in Wisconsin, called the “Wisconsin AHEC Scholars Program.“
This nationwide program is being launched in all the AHEC Programs throughout the nation, with a goal of preparing a diverse, skilled primary care workforce in rural and underserved communities.
The AHEC Scholars Program Overview:
- A two-year inter-professional program for health profession students in Wisconsin.
- Open to students who are seeking a degree or certificate in a health professions program.
- All AHEC Scholars participate in an online curriculum focused on improving health and health equity (about 40 hours/year).
- In-person learning happens in one of seven regional cohorts (of about 15-20 students) throughout Wisconsin, where you would get to interact with the local community and learn to transform your healthcare practices to suit the needs of rural and underserved communities (about 40 hours/year).
- Stipends available (about $250/year).
Please visit our website if you want to learn more, or contact us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
For more information visit their site.
INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL APPLICANTS:
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BECOMING AN AHEC SCHOLAR?
An AHEC Scholar will have access to health care professionals, build professional relationships with faculty members at your school, explore career opportunities, and obtain a certificate of completion to include with your resume.
WHERE DO I MEET FOR LEARNING ACTIVITIES?
You can complete the online curriculum any time during the year, during your free time, from your home or office. The in-person learning activities will happen in rural or underserved urban areas, either in your school’s region, or in another region in the state.
WILL I WORK WITH A TEAM?
Yes! You will join a cohort of 15-20 students in your region, coming from a variety of fields.
DO I NEED ANY PRIOR EXPERIENCE?
No! Health innovation relies on interdisciplinary collaboration, so students from all health profession disciplines are welcome. Skills from your peers can help your work stand out from the crowd.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
There is no financial cost for the AHEC Scholars Program; only your time and expertise! Stipends will be available.
This post was authored by Morgan Lewis on 08/21/2018.