The UW-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards acknowledge and honor women of color among UW-Madison faculty, staff, students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) and in the Greater Madison community, who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations;
- community service;
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society; and
- community building on- or off-campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
How to nominate:
Prepare a nomination packet to include the following:
- A Letter of Nomination
- Two additional letters of support from the Nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member)
- The Nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
- A recent photo of the Nominee
Please submit the online nomination packet to 2018OWOCNomination in electronic format by Friday, September 21, 2018. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A selection committee comprising students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards.
UW-Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2018 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held in the spring semester on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, hosted by the Office of the Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer.
This post was authored by Damola Ajibola on 06/22/2018.