Since last fall, The American Family Children’s Hospital has been working with some of the UW Nursing students who serve as volunteers for the Discharge Volunteer role. These student nurses have have been a great addition to the volunteer program. AFCH would love to continue this role by encouraging UW Nursing students who are in their 3rd and 4th year of schooling to join the Discharge Volunteer Team.
– Volunteers must be a UW Madison nursing student (3rd or 4th year).
– Volunteer must be willing to commit to the position for one semester (same day and time each week- shifts can be 2 or 3 hours in length).
– Volunteers must easily relate with children and families.
– Work independently and require minimal supervision.
– Volunteers must feel comfortable working with patients of all ages, developmental level, and patients with limited mobility. Experience working with children is preferred, but not required.
Please contact Stephanie Sinnett, AFCH Volunteer Coordinator, for more information on thisexciting role available only to UW Nursing Students
This post was authored by Damola Ajibola on 04/27/2018.