There are two distinct ceremonies that a nursing student can attend; University Commencement and the School of Nursing Convocation. The University of Wisconsin-Madison Commencement provides students with the experience of a Big Ten university ceremony while the School of Nursing convocation provides a personalized nursing ceremony. Please note that Academic Attire is required at both of these events.
These are the 2018 graduation events for undergraduate students:
School of Nursing Open House
Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:30 – 11:00am Cooper Hall
- Open house the morning of Convocation for tours/walk-throughs
- Light refreshments will be served
University Commencement for Bachelor’s Candidates
Saturday, May 12, 2018 12:00 noon – 1:15pm Camp Randall Stadium
- Academic Attire is required (see Academic Attire section below)
- More information can be found here
2:00 – 3:30pm Great Hall/ Tripp Commons
- No ticket required, everyone is welcome
School of Nursing Undergraduate Convocation
Saturday, May 12, 2018 3:30 – 5:00pm Shannon Hall, Memorial Union
- Ticketed event, each student will initially be allowed a maximum 5 tickets
- Tickets will be available for pickup in the academic affairs office in April. Picking up your tickets is your way of RSVPing.
- Starting May 1st, we will accommodate additional requests for tickets using a lottery system
- Announcement Invitations for Convocation will be available in the academic affairs office in March
- Academic attire is required (see below).
Academic Attire is ordered through the UW Bookstore, you can view a timeline/deadlines on their website.
April 6 is the final day to order rental attire without incurring an additional late fee.
Nursing Graduation Pins
Pin orders must be placed by March 6 and are $49 and $69 for gold plated and 1/10 10K gold filled respectively, plus a $1.50 shipping and handling fee. Pins will arrive before the 2nd week of May. Ordering instructions can be found here.
This post was authored by Kyle Sanger on 02/23/2018.