The Associate Dean of Nursing is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, directing, maintaining, and assessing activities associated with the operations of the School of Health Education programs, courses, and/or services across the district within the assigned Learning Center for the nursing programs.
The Associate Dean of Nursing supervises part-time faculty. This position supervises professional support staff.
This position reports to the Dean of the School of Health Education for the following program areas: Nursing (Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Paramedic to RN, Medication Assistant).
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Supports, designs and oversees a student-centered approach to school business processes and practices so that School operations are efficient, effective and meet the needs of students, faculty and the community.
2. Manages the program budgets of the School to ensure financial objectives are achieved and meet School needs.
3. Oversees and manages program accreditation and/or certification activities to achieve and maintain program excellence and accreditation.
4. Hires and supervises School of Health Education part-time nursing faculty and nursing-related PSRP staff.
5. Provides support to full-time and part-time School faculty so that College employees are trained, supported, and perform with excellence, respect and integrity.
6. Collaborates with the Dean and faculty to implement continuous improvement efforts related to School operations to ensure that programs, disciplines and services are responsive to stakeholders needs and reflect excellence and quality.
7. Facilitates the implementation of School unit plans as identified through the LSQIP, Learning Outcomes, and Core Abilities processes so that the Schools goals and strategies for future success are well-defined and implemented.
8. Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with stakeholders served by the School to identify and address Stakeholders’ needs in a manner that is consistent with the College’s vision, mission and goals.
9. Facilitates the development of appropriate curriculum policies and practices, safeguarding the quality of those offerings, while diversifying and creating flexibility in delivery methods to support faculty in the development of curriculum that reflects the needs of our community, business and industry, and higher education partners and to ensure that students are provided flexible learning opportunities that meet their changing needs.
10. Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of the nursing programs in the School in collaboration with the Dean, regional campus managers, faculty, PSRP and other district staff so that School operations are efficient and effective.
11. Facilitates and supports program advisory committees in collaboration with program directors and the Dean so that the committees operate in a way that adds value to all programs.
12. Facilitates course-scheduling process for the School in collaboration with the office of the Provost, faculty, and Dean to ensure that course scheduling reflects the needs of students and the requirements of programs listed above.
13. Maintains certification and/or licensure by participating in professional development activities appropriate to the needs of the School to be current in the innovations and best practices and serve as a leader for the School.
14. Acts as Dean in the absence of the Dean and non-nursing Associate Dean; supports the external work and planning efforts of the School Dean to provide continuity in leadership; and align work towards agreed upon strategic ends.
15. Adheres to the Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) guidelines for professional development. Participates in appropriate staff development activities such as diversity awareness, technology training, etc.
16. Demonstrates a commitment to the college mission, vision and values.
Graduate Nurse, DNP
$85,148-$110,693/year depending on qualifications and experience
Contact Name: Kellie Wall
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the website for more information
Click here to apply
This post was authored by Kellie Wall on 01/25/2018.