The Delta Program and the Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL) Network are pleased to offer the following courses and seminars for the upcoming fall semester. Please note that the registration process for CIRTL and Delta courses are different. All courses are designed to introduce participants to the foundations of teaching and learning. Different courses approach teaching from distinct angles such as teaching with technology and teaching in an internationally diverse classroom but can be taken in any order.
Delta Program courses (at UW-Madison):
- Effective Teaching in an Internationally Diverse Classroom
- Research Mentor Training Seminar
- Effective Teaching with Technology
The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning courses (online):
This fall CIRTL is offering six online courses and one MOOC, all addressing different aspects of evidence-based STEM teaching and learning. Participants in our online courses attend real-time, online sessions. Participants in our MOOC learn through weekly online modules and interactive discussion boards. All CIRTL instructors use active learning techniques to provide a rigorous and dynamic learning environment. Course registration opens next Monday, August 28; MOOC registration will open by the end of the month. Questions about registration? Contact us at email@example.com. For more information on a course, click on the title below (you will be prompted to create an account if you do not already have one).
- Teaching with Technology
- Creating Assessments for the STEM Classroom
- The College Classroom: Teaching Inclusively
- Diversity in the College Classroom
- Gender Bias Intervention in STEM for Women and Men
- MOOC: An Introduction to Evidence-Based Undergraduate STEM Teaching
This post was authored by Kyle Sanger on 08/25/2017.